Child First Initiative
The Adventures of Raising Successful Deaf Children With American Sign Language
Each parent has a unique story to share of their journey on raising a Deaf child.
Bilingual ASL- English Education Resources
- ASL-English Bilingual Program Fact Sheet
- Deaf Studies Digital Journal Website Find out the latest research in Deaf Studies!
- Visual Language & Visual Learning Website What is the latest on visual language and visual learning? Find out here with many articles and innovative research projects!
- ASL Standards Action Plan (website) A description of the Clerc Center’s National ASL Standards project and progress updates!
- Follow the daily reports from our ASL- English Bilingual Kindergarten/1st grade classroom. You will get an inside look at students and teachers engaged in innovative bilingual learning
- National ASL and English Bilingual Consortium for Early Childhood Education
- Principles for Reading to Deaf Children
- FAQ ASL/English Bilingual Programming and Early Childhood Education
- Web ASL Resource List
Deaf Related Links
National Association of the Deaf
The NAD is a civil rights organization of, by and for deaf and hard of hearing individuals in the U.S.
An international website that showcases video content, news coverage, social networking and special events for the greater deaf and hard-of-hearing community. The company’s brand portfolio includes DeafNation Expo, an annual tour of 10-15 expos all over the United States
Famous Deaf People
Links to information about famous Deaf people
A website that features unique stories and news from the Deaf community.
The Deaf Community magazine
Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center
Provides information, training, and technical assistance for parents and professionals who have deaf or hard of hearing children from birth to age 21 through the U.S.
Gallaudet University, federally chartered in 1864, is a bilingual, diverse, multicultural institution of higher education that ensures the intellectual and professional advancement of deaf and hard of hearing individuals through American Sign Language and English.
National Center on Deafness
Housed on the California State University, Northridge campus, NCOD provides communication access, leadership opportunities, scholarships, academic advisement, tutoring, and direct communication classes for deaf and hard of hearing students.
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Housed on the Rochester Institute of Technology, NTID provides support services and academic programs for deaf and hard of hearing students.
Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf (CEASD)
The Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf is an association of schools and educational programs involved with the education of deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
Other Sign Languages
Rancho Sordo Mudo presents the Alphabet in LSM
Rancho Sordo Mudo presenta el alfabeto en LSM
Signed Languages of Mexico – Mexico Sign Language and Others
American Society for Deaf Children
BL2: What the Eyes Reveal About the Brain
Early Intervention: The Missing Link
VL2 Family Package
Setting Language in Motion: Family Supports and Early Intervention for Babies Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
Deaf Children, Their Families & School
Through the Child’s Eyes: American Sign Language
Washington School for the Deaf: A Bilingual Approach
Pragmatic Language using ASL in Early Childhood Education
ASL Program in Early Childhood-CSD Fremont
Gallaudet University and the National Association of the Deaf Bust ASL Myths
Father reading to 10-months old baby
Deaf Parents: Voice with Hearing Children?