1906

The Christian Endeavor Society was founded and subsequently dropped during the 1960’s because of the law prohibiting religious ceremonies on state property.

1906

The first Boy’s Athletic Association was started at the school. A Literary Society was established that held lectures,book reviews, debates and plays.

1891

School director, James Watson, recommended that the “feeble minded” be separated from the deaf and blind students to a building about a half mile away.