1888

The Fourth Plain property was exchanged for 17 acres that were more accessible to Vancouver with a beautiful view overlooking the Columbia River, “The Great River of the West.” This is the present site of the school. The property was the original site of Fort Vancouver from 1824 to 1846, built by the Hudson’s Bay Company, a British trading company.